ZOOM G5n Multi-Effects Processors
When we designed the G5n, our goal was to create the finest collection of guitar effects ever offered in one innovative package. From “FunkSauce” to “Texas Toast,” from “Carlos” to “Heavensent,” the G5n delivers dozens of tonalities sure to please the most discerning guitarist.
FRESH NEW TAKES ON 159 ESSENTIAL GUITAR TONES (G5N V3.0)
The G5n comes loaded with 127 beautifully-crafted and newly assembled DSP effects, plus 32 of the most faithful and realistic amp/cabinet emulators we’ve ever created.
A wide array of effects
The G5n comes equipped with freshly-developed takes on not only the most-essential guitar sounds like overdrive, distortion, compression, EQ, delay, reverb, flanging, phasing, vibrato, and chorusing, but also unique multi-effects such as Seq Filter, Gold Drive, Reverse Delay, HD Hall, and OSC Echo.
Ultra-realistic amp/cabinet emulation
You can connect the G5n directly to a PA system or audio interface, using the 32 brand new onboard amp and cabinet emulators. Choose from 16 classic amp models like the ‘59 Fender Bassman, Diezel Herbert Channel 2, Marshall JCM800, Fender Twin Reverb, and MESA Boogie Mk3 , all newly and faithfully created to be adjusted exactly as you would with the knobs and switches of the real thing.
Pair your amp with one of the 16 newly-created cabinet emulators to complete the sound, choosing from cabinets like the Marshall 1960 A-type cabinet
(4×12” Celestion speakers), Fender ’65 Deluxe Reverb (1×12” Jensen C-12K speakers), Mesa Boogie Mark 1 (1×12” ALTEC 417-8H speaker), or Bogner Ecstasy
cabinet (4×12” Celestion speakers).
NOTE: Manufacturer names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The names are used only to
illustrate sonic characteristics and do not indicate any affiliation with the Zoom Corporation or Zoom North America.
124 CUSTOM-CRAFTED COMBINATIONS AND COUNTING
To explore the wealth of possibilities that the G5n offers, we continuously collaborate with inspirational, professional guitarists known for their taste and love of great guitar sounds. The G5n comes stocked with 124 custom-designed patches that both recreate decades of essential guitar tones—like the iconic sounds of Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Carlos Santana, Foo Fighters, and Led Zeppelin—and pioneer new territory with combinations exclusively created for G5n guitarists.
Stand out with “Lead BGN,” a modern lead sound folded into a modulated delay, or “Phazed,” an intense tube amp sound through a phaser. The “UFO” patch harnesses parametric EQ in the style of the lead guitarist of the band of the same name, and then there’s “DreamWorld,” an overdriven crunch enhanced with tape echo and hall reverb.
With our free ZOOM Guitar Lab software, you can look for new effects and amp/cabinet emulators, as well as even more exclusive patches from our diverse and growing list of G5n creators, people like:
- Kyle Bolden (Stevie Wonder)
- Eric Struthers (Aaron Neville)
- Richard Patrick (Filter)
- Jeff Schroeder (Smashing Pumpkins)
- Luca Colombo
- Kiko Loureiro (Megadeth)
- Tommy Bolan (NYC, Banzai, Warlock)
- Errol Cooney (Christina Aguilera, Stevie Wonder)
- Wes Geer (Korn, hed PE)
Download these patches from ZOOM Guitar Lab.
- 100 onboard high-quality digital effects, including distortion, overdrive, EQ, compression, delay, reverb, flanging, phasing, and chorusing
- 5 new amp emulators plus 5 cabinet emulators
- 100 custom-designed factory patches
- Free ZOOM Guitar Lab Mac/Windows software allows downloading of additional effects and patches
- Use up to 9 effects simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 4 stompbox switches allow effects to instantly be brought in and out
- Built-in expression pedal for real-time control over volume, tone, or selected effect parameters
- High output booster circuit for added volume and overdrive
- Intuitive user interface
- 200 memory locations for storage of factory and/or user-created patches
- 4 independent editing displays, plus large overview display
- Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Onboard chromatic tuner with dedicated footswitch supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Tuner range of 435 – 445 Hz
- Stereo/mono Looper allows recording of up to 80 seconds of phrase recording
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns that can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- Tap Tempo with dedicated footswitch
- Input jack accepts standard guitar cable
- Auxiliary stereo input jack for connection of smartphones and music players
- Dual output jacks for connection to guitar amps and mono or stereo PA systems
- Dedicated stereo headphone output
- Control input for external footpedal
- USB port for firmware updating and patch/effects downloading
- Use as a USB audio interface for Mac/Windows computers, with direct zero-latency monitoring of input signal
- Included AC adapter
|EFFECT TYPES:||159 (127 DSP effects, 16 amp emulators, 16 cabinet emulators)|
|NUMBER OF SIMULTANEOUS EFFECTS:||9|
|NUMBER OF USER BANKS/PATCHES:||200|
|SAMPLING FREQUENCY:||44.1 kHz|
|A/D CONVERSION:||24-bit with 128x oversampling|
|D/A CONVERSION:||24-bit with 128x oversampling|
|FREQUENCY CHARACTERISTICS:||20 – 20 kHz +1 dB, -3 dB (10 kΩ load)|
|DISPLAY:||128 x 32 dot-matrix LCD (x4) 256 x 32 dot-matrix LCD|
|INPUT:||Standard monaural phone jack Rated input level: -20 dBu* Input impedance(line): 470 kΩ|
|AUX IN:||Stereo mini jack Rated input level: -10 dBu* Input impedance(line) : 10 kΩ|
|L/R:||Standard monaural phone jack x 2|
|L/R MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL:||Line +5 dBu* (with output load impedance of 10 kΩ or more)|
|PHONES (HEADPHONES):||Stereo mini jack|
|PHONES MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL:||20 mW + 20 mW (into 32 Ω load)|
|EQUIVALENT INPUT NOISE:||-119 dBu* * 0dBu=0.775 Vrms|
|NOISE FLOOR (RESIDUAL NOISE):||-101 dBm|
|CONTROL INPUT:||ZOOM FP01/FP02 (not included)|
|POWER:||AC adapter DC9V (center minus plug), 500 mA (ZOOM AD-16)|
|DIMENSIONS:||225 mm (D) X 454 mm (W) X 75 mm (H)|