With our hybrid design (completely pure analog dry path with the digital delay layered on top) approach, you get the best of both worlds. You get the note clarity, much lower noise, and longer delay times from digital delays… You also get the lovely warmth and little exquisite touches that are usually reserved for analog delays. Nearly every part of the pedal, all of its major functions, are analog. The “delay line” is the only digital part of the signal path. It alone being digital brings clarity and focus to the task in a way that analog delay line chips can’t really match.
But everything else, all the absolutely vital filtering to carefully finish the sound is pure analog. Every aspect of the modulation that gives the Faux Tape Echo pedal a unique function and tone and makes it desirable for people who want their delay tone to sound as good as tape delay units but without all the maintenance, supplies, and hassle. Your all-important fundamental dry tone is 100% analog, too.
So when we say it’s the best of both worlds, we absolutely mean it. From country slap-back to ambient washes to straight-ahead rock and metal delay, the hybrid approach lets Brian make one pedal that can do it all.
The Faux Tape Echo takes everything great about the original, and adds to it that much-requested tap tempo with sub-division functionality that users have been asking for, as well as our well known emulation of the elusive and beautiful character that people look for in classic tape echo units.
Wampler Faux Tape Echo V2 Delay Pedal Features:
- Analog warmth and classic tape echo sound
- Tap tempo footswitch lets you set tempo on the fly
- Hybrid of digital delay with analog signal path
- Doesn’t mess with your basic guitar tone like many other delay pedals
- High-grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- 6 controls: Depth, Rate, Tone, Repeats, Delay Mix, and Delay
- Approximately 800ms of available delay time
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9-volt power jack (barrel plug, adapter optional); power draw: 33mA
- Handmade in the USA
- Pedal Type:Tape Echo
- Max Delay Time:800ms
- Inputs:1 x 1/4″
- Outputs:1 x 1/4″
- True Bypass:Yes
- Power Source:9V-18V DC power supply required (sold separately)
- Power Usage:40mA
- Batteries:1 x 9V optional