Studio One® 6 Professional – Upgrade from Professional or Producer (all previous versions)
Creativity Begins Here.
Note: Studio One 6 Professional is included in a PreSonus Sphere membership.
Everything you need to record, produce, mix, master, and perform.
Studio One 6 makes creating fast and easy with intuitive drag-and-drop workflow, new Smart Templates, a customizable user interface and powerful, integrated tools for end-to-end production.
Studio One’s most personal upgrade yet, version 6 offers subtle (and not-so-subtle) user interface improvements combine with powerful customization features to free your mind for music and stay focused.
New in Studio One 6 Professional:
Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand, including basic recording, mixing stems, mastering an album, and setting up for a live show. Templates can even include a convenient drop zone to easily import needed content like audio, video, and MIDI files.
Customizable user interface
The new Customization Editor in Studio One 6 provides a convenient and easy way to show or hide nearly all tools and functions. Changes are applied instantly, so you can show or hide any feature as needed to create a streamlined, focused workflow for the task at hand.
Industry-Leading Lyrics Integration
PROFESSIONAL EDITION EXCLUSIVE! Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances! Whether you’re creating lead sheets with the Score Editor or adding lyrics as guideposts to your audio productions, you’ll find a use for the Lyrics Track.
Global Video Track
PROFESSIONAL EDITION EXCLUSIVE! The all-new Global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to familiar drag and drop functionality. A convenient audio sub-track with its own channel and processing capabilities is provided for embedded audio.
PROFESSIONAL EDITION EXCLUSIVE! Track Presets store parameters like track delay, time-stretch, follow chords as well as Channel parameters like volume, pan, inserts, send assignments, and more! Track Presets can even be applied to existing channels.
Tame vocal sibilance and other high-frequency sounds with the new De-esser plug-in. Find the problematic frequency with the Listen button, then dial in the amount of S-Reduction using the associated knob together with the S-Mon function.
PROFESSIONAL EDITION EXCLUSIVE! The new Vocoder plug-in is a creative playground like no other. Turn your voice or any audio source into a unique synth or effect. Vocoder will inspire you to play with audio.
The latest incarnation of ProEQ is an indispensable tool for producers and mixing engineers. Solo each frequency band to listen to the most surgical adjustments in isolation. Use the new per-band dynamic mode to trigger boosts or cuts based on a set amplitude threshold.
Advanced Mixer with Fader Flip
PROFESSIONAL EDITION EXCLUSIVE! Fader Flip lets you control FX/Bus sends, sidechains, and Cue Mix sends all from the main faders. Unassigned channels can be hidden from view or activated as needed.
Alternative Panning Modes
Choose between balance, dual or binaural panning for any stereo channel. The new panner pop-up editor provides a large pan control, a context menu to switch between modes, plus dedicated controls for each mode.
Mixer Channel Overview
PROFESSIONAL EDITION EXCLUSIVE! The new Channel Overview provides a single, consolidated view of all channel parameters that can be pinned anywhere on any screen to follow the channel selection.
Browser Favorites and Folders
Organize plug-in and instrument presets into custom folders that you can create right inside the Browser. Presets marked as Favorites are automatically mirrored inside a new “Favorites” folder at the top of the respective preset list.
Updated Start Page
Organize your Songs, Projects, and Shows for a single artist or production in one convenient location. Pin favorited documents and view all your shared PreSonus Sphere documents in a single folder. Create unique Artist Profile presets for each client.
Other Notable Additions
- NEW! Sends on FX Channels, allowing the output signal of one effect to be sent to another
- NEW! Sidechain audio input for virtual instruments
- NEW! Bus, FX and Cue Mix sends now have the option to link panning to the channel pan control. Cue Mix sends provide independent link options for Volume and Pan.
- NEW! Micro view controls for third-party plug-ins
- NEW! Track and Channel Icons
- NEW! Spot option for Events offers a number of options for positioning Events on the timeline based on event attributes such as start/end points or their original timecode position
Computer System Requirements
Studio One® is a 64-bit, cross-platform DAW. While we make every effort to ensure Studio One will run well on the widest variety of computers possible, please read these specifications carefully to determine compatibility with your system.
- Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ i3/AMD A10 processor or better
- 4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB or more recommended)
- macOS® 10.14 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ i3 or better
- 4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB or more recommended)
All Computer Systems
- Internet connection (needed for installation and activation)
- Monitor with 1366 x768 resolution (Retina display recommended)
- Multi-touch enabled monitor with TUIO support is required for touch operation
- 40 GB free hard drive space (Studio One Professional)
- 20 GB free hard drive space (Studio One Artist)
- 2.5 GB free hard-drive space (Studio One Prime)