Novation 61SL MKIII
SL MkIII is far from your typical keyboard controller. It’s an all-sequencing, all-dancing hub for all of your music making tools. A centrepiece to connect, control and create with your entire setup. Computer or not.
Create quickly and easily with your hardware. Build your tracks in the eight-track polyphonic sequencer: everything in time; everything in key; every control at your fingertips.
Available in 49 and 61 key versions.
Internal eight-track pattern-based sequencer
Use the sequencer to easily record notes as you play them, or input step-by-step. Play and edit your sequences directly from the keyboard. Record your movements as automation into the sequencer, bringing life to your production.
USB; MIDI In, Out, Out 2/Thru; sustain, expression and footswitch inputs; Analogue Clock Out; and two sets of CV Pitch, Gate, and Mod outputs can be used to route anything anywhere.
Choose an arp type, set a sync rate, tweak the length, and then use the pads to design your rhythms in real time.
Scales, modes and zones
Work with scales and keys and set up multiple zones and layers on the keyboard.
Keys for the player
The SL MkIII boasts our finest, most playable and expressive synth-style semi-weighted keybed, with a sprung action and our highest scan rate, all tuned to the needs of the experienced player. It’s got aftertouch too, assignable to anything.
Highly customisable mappings for hardware and software easily control everything. Or create your own templates in the software editor, and save them to the keyboard.
The perfect controller for Live™
We worked with Ableton® to create an absolutely stunning keyboard controller for their Live™ music-making software. The five colour LCD screens give you full parameter feedback, enabling you to see everything you are controlling.
Control all major music software
Your choice of music software is crucial to your creativity. SL MkIII’s pads, buttons, eight faders and eight knobs take control of all major music software using InControl or any HUI-compatible DAW.
Components allows you to backup and restore your templates and sessions in the cloud, enabling access from anywhere in the world. All content can also be saved locally.
Backlit Pitch and Modulation wheels
Pitch and Modulation wheels have RGB LEDs that change colour to show what track you’re working on.
One routable clock for the whole system
Whether you’re in the box or outside the box, the MIDI and analogue clock and transport controls keep everything running in time.
Selectable Velocity Curves
Choose from a comprehensive selection of Velocity Curves to suit your playing style.
Product Hardware Specifications
- 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive, individually sprung, synth style, semi-weighted keyboard
- 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 2 Page and 2 scene launch buttons
- 8 continuous rotary knobs
- 8 sliders
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- RGB backlit pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 2 Track buttons
- 5x RGB TFT LCD screens
- 59 Backlit buttons with tact switches
- 49 or 61 keybed RGB LEDs
- 16 Assignable buttons x 2 pages (32 assignable buttons)
- Assignable grid x 2 pages | (32 assignable pads)
- Backlit RGB Mode switching buttons including InControl
Rear Panel & Connectors
- Power switch
- DC power socket
- USB B 2.0
- MIDI IN, OUT, OUT2 / THRU – 3x 5-pin DIN sockets
- Sustain and Expression pedal 1/4″ TRS jack inputs
- Footswitch pedal 1/4″ TS jack input
- CV, Gate, Modulation -1- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- CV, Gate, Modulation -2- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- Clock out
- Kensington security slot
- 64 Sessions
- 8 Tracks per session
- 8 Patterns per track (16 steps per Pattern for a total of 128 steps per track)
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- All assignable controls can be automated (8 maximum automation lanes)
- Internal tempo range 40 – 240
- Swing 20 – 80%
Real Time Performance
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Split the keys into 8 playable zones
- Pattern expand view – flip the grid
- Pattern start and end, direction incl. random
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern