The MTD Kingston Saratoga bass is a modern re-imagining of a classic J Jazz style bass, at a budget-friendly price and is one of our most popular models. The sound of the J bass has been pivotal in the development of many musical genres. The MTD Kingston Saratoga retains that great sound but packages it in a wonderfully designed instrument.
It is Michael Tobias’ innovations like the asymmetrical neck, balanced body, Quick-Release bridge and lighter weight which sets the Saratoga apart from the crowd. You will love the high output hum cancelling passive pickups and passive electronics. It has a bright sound like the original J bass and is rich in the midrange as well as the treble and sounds great for funk, reggae, blues, rock, heavy metal, country, and of course, jazz!
The Kingston Saratoga offers both beginning and touring bassists a bass with great classic tone at a great price. It is a workhorse on stage and in the studio and has the beautiful lines that will fit in with any gig.
- Carved basswood body with Flamed Maple veneer
- Mike Tobias’s personal design concepts
- Asymmetrical, maple neck
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Maple lined fingerboard
- Deep Cherry Burst finish
- Two passive, hum-cancelling single coil J-style pickups
- Active/Passive switching, added passive tone control
- Volume/Passive Tone, Blend, Bass, Mid, Treble, Act/Pass switch
- 34-inch scale
- 21 mediumjumbo frets
- Approximate weight 8 lbs
- Stunning looks, light weight and great tone
- Professional features at a great price
- Incredibly comfortable and fast
- Plays in tune everywhere on the neck
- Every bassists’ personal favorite fingerboard material
- Great tone and sustain, faster string changes
- These basses look as good as they sound
- Killer tone for every style of music and every technique
- Gives both traditional passive tones and modern active EQ on demand
- Simple, functional, and extremely flexible in either active or passive mode
- The classic scale length
- Mike’s fav frets for sustain/playability
- Old School or New Cool!
- Lighter weight and a much, much bigger sound
- Commitment to excellence