Built for Tomorrow
The M32C is a console built for today, and tomorrow – its rock-solid proprietary operating system and the 0.8 ms audio engine provide outstanding state-of-the-art audio performance for years to come.
“Acoustic Integration” – the Live Sound Revolution
Legendary 40-year old British company Turbosound, famous for producing some of the world’s best speaker systems, have teamed up with Midas to seamlessly integrate mixer and speaker systems. We call it “Acoustic Integration”.
The M32C’s ULTRANET bus allows streaming up to 16 channels of pristine digital audio to an array of Turbosound iQ speakers – all on a single CAT5 cable, along with control data to set sound presets remotely.
Furthermore, iQ Series loudspeakers feature “True Physical Modelling” of some of the most popular speakers, which can be easily remote controlled via the M32C, allowing the sound engineer to apply different speaker models in real time from the comfort of the mixing desk.
“Acoustic Integration” is the next live sound revolution.
100-Band RTA for all Channel/Bus EQs
The M32C includes a 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) with full Bar and Spectrograph views on the M32-EDIT control application. This high-resolution RTA displays the audio energy distribution in 100 frequency bands over time – capturing a sonogram window of a full 10 seconds.
Switch between the Large RTA view, displaying any available signal in full screen resolution, or the Combined view with the RTA view shown above each of the channel and bus EQ curves.
See the results of your filtering choices in the audio spectrum directly. Additionally, the RTA can be displayed on top of the 31-band graphic EQs in the FX rack.
Monitoring and controlling frequencies has never been easier!
What are AES50 and SuperMAC?
AES50 simultaneously provides high channel counts, extremely low and deterministic latencies, accurate phase-aligned networked clock distribution, error detection, network redundancy, with simple deployment and ease of use to meet the needs of the live performance industry.
This unique combination also benefits both live and studio recording applications, as well as post-production, broadcasting and audio routing infrastructure. SuperMAC is a proprietary implementation of AES50 owned by KLARK TEKNIK. Originally developed by Sony Pro-Audio Labs in Oxford, UK, it forms the basis of the Audio Engineering Society’s AES50 open standard for digital audio networking – High Resolution Multi-channel Audio Interconnection (HRMAI), as published by the Audio Engineering Society, Inc.
- 48 bidirectional audio channels @ 48 kHz over Neutrik etherCON-terminated shielded (STP) CAT5 cable (max. length 100 meters / 328 feet)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency (2×3 samples = 1/8 ms per node)
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution
- Comprehensive error detection and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration – total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
- 40-input channel, 25-bus, 1U rackmountable digital mixing core for live and installed sound application
- 25 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses
- AES50 networking allows up to 96 inputs and 96 outputs
- High-performance aluminium and high-impact steel structure
- 40 bit floating point digital signal processing
- 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- 8 digital signal processing effects engines
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
- Optional wireless remote control with Midas Apps for iPhone* and iPad*
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in England
- Number of processing channels : 32input channels, 8 aux channels, 8 FX return channels, 16auxbuses, 6 matrices, main LRC
- Internal effects engines, true stereo/ mono : 8 /16
- Internal total recall scenes (incl. preamp and fader) : 100
- Signal processing : 40-bit floating point
- Network I/O latency (stage box in > console processing* > stage box out) : 1.1 ms
- Talkback mic input, TRS : 1external (no phantom power)
- Monitoring outputs ¼ ” TRS balanced : 2
- AES50ports,SuperMAC : 2
- Expansion card slot : 32channel audio input/output, various standards
- P-16connector, ULTRANET (no power supplied) : 1
- MIDI inputs /outputs : 1/1
- Ethernet, RJ45, rear panel, for remote control : 1
- USB Type A, front panel, for audio and data export/import : 1
- Maximum gain : +50dB
- Maximum input level at unity gain : +8 dBu
- Input impedance : 2kΩ
- Maximum output level : +21dBu
- Output impedance : 50 Ω
- Frequency response, +0to-1dB : 20 Hz -20kHz
- Output noise,22 Hz – 22 kHz : -83dBu,unweighted
- Distortion, 0 dBu output level,1kHz : 0.02%
- LCD screen : 128 x 64, LCD with RGB color backlight
- Status LEDs : AES 50 port A/B status, power LED, Mute All button
- Switch-mode power supply : Auto range 100-240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power consumption : 40W
- Standard operating temperature range : 5°C – 40°C(41°F – 104°F)
- Dimensions : 483 x 300 x 50 mm ( 19 x 11.8 x 2 ” )
- Weight : 3.5kg ( 7.7 lbs )