DESIGN & VERSATILITY
Pa5X looks incredible in the home, while also being ready for the road. A beautiful aluminium body with luxurious wooden side panels ensures Pa5X not only has a premium feel but is also sturdy to support countless live performance situations.
From the effortlessly compact 61-key model to the versatile 76-key, and piano-weighted 88-key versions, Pa5X provides the player with a responsive feel, with aftertouch for added expressivity.
Thanks to a newly-developed EDS-XP sound engine (Enhanced Definition Synthesis – Expanded), the sounds in Pa5X need to be heard to be believed. This powerful technology, alongside 24 stereo oscillators and 160 note polyphony, delivers the detailed nuances of instrument performance like never before.
Drawing on Kronos, Nautilus and SV2, Pa5X has massive sound libraries across every genre, from pianos to EPs, orchestral, synthesized sounds and more. A new drawbar organ section even offers realistic controls and a sound which benefits from the stunning effects found within Pa5X. Smooth Sound Transition ensures seamless changes of sound and style, while Sound Controller 3 helps give an unprecedented level of sonic realism.
In addition to more than 2,200 factory sounds, Pa5X features a sampler and can be expanded through compatibility with Wav, AIFF and SF2 samples. Detailed onboard editing functionality gives the possibility of fine-tuning your sounds, even offering the capability to transform an audio loop into a percussive kit.
Pa5X features more than 600 backing styles, each with three introductions, four variations, four fills, a break, and three endings. Covering a breath-taking array of musical genres, from pop, classic pop and ballads, to jazz, big band and movie soundtracks, Pa5X provides countless hours of musical inspiration and performance.
New drum and percussion sounds benefit from the use of technology based on round-robin sampling, meaning that no two drum hits are equal. This, combined with the ability to edit each part of the drum kit individually, gives new and recreated styles a fresh sound that you can make your own.
Pa5X’s chord recognition system can be as simple or advanced as you want it to be; from a single finger, to an Expert mode able to recognise some of the most complex harmonies. With a chord sequencer and hundreds of pre-made chord progressions, you’ll never be short of inspiration.
Thanks to two players and exclusive XDS crossfade control, Pa5X can play two styles, MIDI files, or MP3 files simultaneously and in any combination! These two players can be mixed or can be used to play a song while another one is waiting to start. All while the Pa5X’s sound engine ensures transitions happen seamlessly.
LYRICS, CHORDS, SCORE AND MARKERS
Key performance information is displayed on an immersive colour touch screen and can also be outputted to an external display thanks to a standard HDMI output. A wide variety of lyric formats are supported, and scores are automatically generated from MIDI song files. Markers allow for quick navigation through songs, while the currently playing chord is displayed – including during automatic introductions and endings.
Faders, switches, real and virtual matrices of real-time controls, the joystick, and the ribbon controller can all be assigned to modulate any parameter of your sound. This provides precise control of the most subtle nuances and articulation.
Pa5X features a fully programmable control section with nine faders and nine buttons. Freely assignable, the current function is shown on an auxiliary strip display so that you always know what you have under your fingertips – even if you are on a different page on the main display.
Songs, styles and sounds can be saved in the Songbook. This database-like system can then be organised into setlists for specific performances, types of music, or any other situation where quick recall of settings is needed. It is even possible to synchronise the songbook with external score readers on tablets, allowing you to recall settings from a digital music book.
MIXER AND EFFECTS
Pa5X houses a vast array of studio-level effects, with 10 insert effects, 3 master effects and one finalising stage for each of the two players! Furthermore, keyboard sets can use up to 3 insert and 3 master effects. Thanks to an ongoing collaboration with Waves Audio®, Pa5X benefits from best-in-class mastering at the last stage in the audio output, resulting in a polished and high-production quality sound.
MICROPHONE AND GUITAR INPUTS
A microphone and guitar can be connected simultaneously to the Pa5X, where both inputs have dedicated onboard effects. Vocal processing in Pa5X is provided by Shift Audio, industry leaders in vocal algorithms. The result is incredibly lifelike four-voice harmonies that recreate the feel of real backing vocals, alongside a new Auto Pitch feature.
The separate guitar input has its own gain control and stack of four insert effects. A huge library of guitar effects is available, including legendary Vox amps, vintage pedals and amp sims.
Settings for both microphone and guitar inputs can be saved within a Songbook entry for quick recall.
PA5X DEMO SONGS
- Pa5X 61: 61 keys (C2 – C7) Semi–weighted keys with Aftertouch
Pa5X 76: 76 keys (E1 – G7) Semi–weighted keys with Aftertouch
Pa5X 88: 88 keys (A0 – C8) Hammer action with Aftertouch
- Aluminum case with wooden side panels
- Operating System
- Upgradable Operating System
- Sound Generator
- EDS-XP (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-Expanded)
Multimode filters with resonance, 3-band EQ for each track
- 160 Voices, 160 Oscillators
- Keyboard Tracks: 3 Insert Effect; 3 Master Effects
Style/Song: 10 Insert Effects; 3 Master Effects
Master EQ and Finalizer for Songs and Styles
Final Mastering Effects: Waves | MaxxAudio® Suite
- Mic Processor Technology by Shift Audio
- Mic Setup: Compressor, EQ, Gate
Four-part Harmonizer, Doubler, Filter, Modulation, Delay, Reverb, AutoPitch
- Guitar Processor
- Guitar rack (4 effect-slots) with stompbox and amp simulation
- Sounds / Drum Kits
- Factory: More than 2,200 Factory Sounds
Five multilayer Stereo Acoustic Pianos with Damper/Body Resonance, GM/XG Sound Sets, more than 130 Drum Kits including Ambient Drums and Round Robin-based Drum Kits
User Area: 768 Sounds, 384 Drum Kits
Digital Drawbars: 9 Footages, Percussion, Key On/Off, Leakage, Vibrato/Chorus, Rotary Speaker with Amp Simulator
Natural Ambience Drum Sounds, Round Robin features
Defined Nuance Control (DNC) Technology
Quick and Full Sound Editing, Drum Family and Full Drum Kit Editing
- User PCM Sample memory: 4 GB of data, equivalent to 8 GB linear when compressed
Loads KORG, WAV, AIFF and SoundFont™ formats
Saves KORG, WAV and AIFF formats
Full Edit, Time Slice, Sampling features
- Keyboard Sets
- Factory: More than 500 Factory Keyboard Sets, freely programmable
Combines four Keyboard Sounds, plus Effects and settings
Library accessible from front-panel buttons
“My Setting” special Keyboard Set
- Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Player with X-Fader Balance control
Crossfading between Songs and/or Styles
- Factory: More than 600 Factory Styles, freely programmable
Eight Style Tracks, 4 Keyboard Sets and 4 Pads per Style; Programmable Sounds, Effects and Style parameters
Guitar Mode 2, Parallel and Fixed NTT (Note Transposition Table)
Style Record and Event Edit
Style Elements: 3 Intros, 4 Variations, 4 Fills, 1 Break, 3 Endings
Style Controls: Play/Stop, Synchro Start, Synchro Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Auto Fill, Memory, Bass Inversion, Manual Bass, Bass & Lower Backing, Drum & Bass, Individual Style Tracks Mute, Style to Keyboard Set Set
- Chord Sequencer
- Factory: More than 200 Chord Sequences
Chord Sequence Recorder/Player
Chord Sequences can be saved to Style and SongBook Entries
- Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Player with X-Fader Balance control
Supported formats: MID, KAR, MP3 + Lyrics, MP3+G
Lyrics, Score, and Chord data can be displayed on screen, or on external video monitor
Markers with Add, Delete, Edit, Loop and AutoScroll functions
Full-featured, 16-track Sequencer, Song Edit
- MP3 Player / Recorder
- Double MP3 Player and MP3 Recorder
Records MP3 files, including Styles, MIDI Songs, MP3 Songs, Keyboard Sounds, Pads, Matrix, Microphone, Guitar, Effects
Transpose (+6/-5 semitones), Tempo Change (±30%)
- Fully programmable music database based on Styles, MIDI Songs (MID and KAR files), MP3 Songs with Artist and Genre tags
Filtering and sorting options
User definable Set Lists
- Legacy Pa-Series models: Styles, Keyboard Sets (Performances), Sounds (Programs), Songs, Pads
- Factory: More than 400 Pads
Four Assignable Pads + Stop Buttons
Pad Record function
- Control Section
- 9 Assignable Sliders, 9 Assignable Buttons, Strip Display; 4 Preset + 1 User settings
- Matrix Section
- 16 Matrix Pads, 4 Preset buttons
- Style/Song Controls
- Play/Stop, Go To Start, Style Select, Song Select, Xfader, Tempo +/-, Tempo Lock, Tap Tempo/Reset, Synchro Start, Synchro Stop, Fade In/Out, Chord Scan (Lower, Upper), Chord Sequence, Memory, AutoFill
- General Controls
- Master Volume, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Dial, Up/+, Down/-, Joystick (Pitch + Modulation), Ribbon, 3 Assignable Switches, Search, Shift, Keyboard Sounds On/Off, Split, Ensemble, Rec/Edit, Menu, Exit
- Scale Controls
- On-screen Quarter Tone and Arabic Scale, memorized in the Keyboard Sets; Presets assignable to any button or footswitch
- Control Inputs
- Damper Pedal; supports half-pedaling with the optional KORG DS-1H pedal 2 Assignable Pedal/Footswitch
- Audio Inputs
- Mic: Mono with Gain control and Phantom Power (Combo XLR, balanced)
Guitar: Mono with Gain control (1/4″ jack, unbalanced)
Line 1: Left/Right (1/4″ jacks, balanced)
Line 2: Stereo (1/8″ mini-jack, unbalanced)
- Audio Outputs
- Line: Main Left/Right, Separate Outs 1/2/3/4 (1/4″ jacks, balanced)
Headphones (1/4″ jack)
- Video Output
- HDMI connector
- IN, OUT, THRU standard MIDI connectors
USB to MIDI, through the USB Device port
16 User-definable MIDI Presets
- Type A (Host 3.0, for storage devices and controllers): 1 front, 2 rear
Type B (Device 2.0, for personal computers and tablets): 1 rear
- Internal Drive: 1 GB
Micro SD Card (not included): Rear-panel slot with plastic cover
USB Flash Drive (not included): Can be connected to the USB Host ports
- 8” Wide capacitive color TouchView™ TFT display, 800 x 480 resolution
- Internal System Clock
- Power Consumption
- 100-240 Volts, 50/60 Hz
< 0.2 Watt in standby / 20 Watt normal / 45 Watt with PaAS installed
- Dimensions (W x D x H) (without music stand, display fully lowered)
- Pa5X-88: 1,262.0 x 396.4 x 146.0 mm / 49.68” x 15.60” x 5.74”
Pa5X-76: 1,233.1 x 374.3 x 126.8 mm / 48.54” x 14.73” x 4.99”
Pa5X-61: 1,021.1 x 374.3 x 126.8 mm / 40.20” x 14.73” x 4.99”
PaAS (optional): 980 x 180 x 140 mm / 38.58” x 7.08” x 5.51”
- Pa5X-88: 20.1 kg / 44.31 lbs
Pa5X-76: 17.4 kg / 38.36 lbs
Pa5X-61: 15.1 kg / 33.29 lbs
PaAS (optional): 5.70 kg / 12.56 lbs
- AC Power Cable, Music Stand, Quick Guide manual
- PaAS Amplification System
ST-SV1-BK Keyboard Stand
EXP-2 Foot Controller
XVP-20 Expression/Volume Pedal
DS-1H Damper Pedal (supports half-pedaling)
PS-1 Pedal Switch
PS-3 Pedal Switch
VOX V860 Volume Pedal