Related Videos: Osmose 49-key Polyphonic Synthesizer and MIDI Controller
Three dimensions of play
Unlike other forms MPE-capable keybeds, Osmose retains the standard action and feel of a conventional MIDI controller or keyboard. MPE — or, MIDI Polyphonic Expression — is a MIDI protocol that gives notes independent channels, making it possible to apply pitch bend, modulation, or other expressive control messages to each individual note. Each key has an extended range of motion from its usual resting point, allowing for continued expression through an assigned value. The same applies to each key’s Y-axis, allowing for additional per-note modulation whose range and target parameters can be modified with each patch and sound. Aftertouch sensitivity profiles and response curves can be customized for later use, with each of the advanced EganMatrix onboard sounds tailored for use with the unique expressive controls of the Osmose. Plus, the keyboard can be used as an MPE MIDI controller, armed with Multichannel MIDI that will take any sound to a new dimension of play, onboard or otherwise.
Sonic architecture from Haken Audio
Known for their early innovations in multichannel expression with their Continuum Fingerboard, Haken Audio were the perfect partners to bring three-dimensional aftertouch to a new generation of synthesizers. Expressive E’s partnership integrates Haken Audio’s innovative EaganMatrix into the unique workflow of Osmose’s flexible keybed, loaded with more than 500 presets out of the box with plenty of room to expand. The EaganMatrix digital modular engine perfectly manages the polyphonic aftertouch with each preset crafted to make full use of its unique expression curves and modulation parameters, covering over numerous categories of FM synthesis, physical modeling, and more.
Osmose’s sleek, minimalistic aesthetics are a welcome contrast to its immense sonic prowess. Its controls comprise a handful of ergonomically designed and arranged backlit buttons and textured, clickable knobs. These orbit a vivid, full-color LCD screen, while pitch and modulation sliders are comfortably placed nearby. Its streamlined layout affords deep, uncompromising navigation and editing of each patch, including effects, keybed sensitivity, velocity curves, expressivity, and envelope/EQ values, all with plenty of room to save your presets for later. Osmose also has two ports for continuous pedal use, assignable to sustain or whatever synth parameter you choose, adding another dimension of expression through all 24 voices.
Armed with DIN MIDI in, out, and thru ports, Osmose is an extremely capable controller. Take its uncompromising, multidimensional control to your preferred DAW. Multichannel MIDI lets you explore your favorite sounds like never before. Two 1/4-inch TS pseudo-balanced line outputs handle full stereo playback, while a 1/4-inch TRS headphone jack is front-mounted for convenient solo play with its own volume adjustment. Thoughtful design includes a lockable connecter for the external power supply, too! While Osmose is an incredibly capable synth with a near-limitless depth of onboard control, the accompanying EaganMatrix editing software from Haken Audio allows you to dive even further into the uncharted depths of its unique synthesis architecture, creating and fine-tuning sounds to perfectly match your output.
Expressive E Osmose 49-key Polyphonic Aftertouch Synthesizer Features:
- 49-note keybed features three-dimensional control for new modes of expressivity
- Polyphonic aftertouch includes extended vertical range and horizontal modulation per key
- Partnership with Haken Audio means EaganMatrix digital modular engine powers the onboard sounds, tailored for use with MPE and polyphonic aftertouch
- 500+ presets and 24 maximum voices enable versatile playing across any style
- Streamlined, minimalistic interface reduces clutter without compromising accessibility
- Pitch/modulation sliders, responsive buttons, a fine-tunable knobs provide tactile satisfaction with superlative control
- Deep onboard controls ensure patches are easily edited, saved, and recalled for personalized use
- Patches can be individually modified to customize velocity curves, sensitivity, expressivity, FX, and more
- DIN MIDI in/out/thru allows Osmose to be used as a MPE MIDI controller to revolutionize your sonic exploration with your preferred DAW or instrument
- Pseudo-balanced 1/4-inch TS outputs reduce noise with flexible stereo operation
- Front-mounted 1/4-inch TRS headphone output features a dedicated volume adjustment
- External power supply includes lockable connector to avoid unwanted disruptions
- Accompanying Haken Audio software allows you to engage greater levels of depth, control, and fine-tuning of the EaganMatrix: Mac/PC
- Type:Standalone Keyboard Synthesizer
- Sound Engine:Haken Audio EaganMatrix
- Number of Keys:49
- Type of Keys:Full-size
- Velocity Sensitive:Yes
- Other Controllers:Pitch/Modulation Sliders
- Number of Presets:500 Presets with Custom Macros
- Effects Types:Reverb, Mod Delay, Echo
- Audio Outputs:2 x 1/4″ TS (L/mono,R)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″ TRS
- USB:1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O:In, Out/Thru, USB; MIDI Polyphonic Expression
- Pedal Inputs:2 x 1/4″ (continuous, assignable sustain/synth)
- Software:Mac/PC Editor
- Power Source:12V, 1.5A Power Supply (included)
- Weight:18.4 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:XPEOSM49-1