Professional Dual-Layer DJ Media Player
- Powered by the industry-leading, ever-evolving Engine OS
- 7-inch HD touchscreen with intuitive and familiar workflows
- Dual-layer playback with individual analog/digital outputs to mix two tracks from a single player
- Built-in Wi-Fi and wired internet connectivity for music streaming
- Direct connection to Beatport LINK, Beatsource LINK, SoundCloud GO+, and TIDAL streaming services
- Sync and play music from the cloud with onboard Dropbox integration
- Supports both lossy and lossless audio formats
- Internal onboard analysis of music files
- 8 multifunction performance pads for Hot Cues, Loops, Slices, and Rolls
- 8″ RGB illuminated jog wheel with HD display for album artwork, performance information, and custom logo
- Best-in-class time stretch and musical key change/sync
- Create & edit playlists on-the-fly with on-board collection management
- Preview tracks from the library before loading
- (3) USB and (1) SD media inputs for music playback
- LAN output to link to up to four players
- Plug and play compatible with Rekordbox® prepared USB/SD media devices
- Sync audio with video, lighting, and FX through Resolume, SoundSwitch, and Timecode software
- Compatible with Serato DJ and Virtual DJ via controller mode
DJ Performance, Refined!
The Denon DJ SC5000 PRIME represents a real paradigm shift in DJ Technology. This (DJ Mag) Tech Award-winning digital DJ Media Player has a 7”, high-definition touchscreen that enables multi-touch gestures for the ultimate in latency-free, intuitive track navigation, load, and playback. The SC5000 is also the world’s first Media Player capable of on-board music file analysis, standalone music streaming and personal cloud access, and dual-layer playback.
The Power of Engine OS
Powered by a dedicated, multi-core internal processor, the SC5000 runs ‘Engine OS’. A purpose-built embedded software platform built for DJs offering you super-fast track load times, intuitive navigation, management, and search, so you can be at your creative best. The mission for Engine OS is clear, to keep evolving, providing more creative features to enhance the DJ’s performance and experience.
Unlocking Your Creativity
Unique on the SC5000 is its bank of eight multi-function performance pads that deliver unprecedented creative expression for your hot cues, loops, slices, and roll playback – all safely locked down by the SC5000’s precision beat grid analysis. Up to four Denon DJ Media Players can be LAN networked for synchronized data transfer between units, plus you get enhanced BPM and FX possibilities using ‘Engine Connect’ protocol with Denon DJ’s X1800 and X1850 PRIME, 4-Channel mixers. The SC5000 has the power to enhance your creativity, unleashing your performance.
Customizable DJ Tech
Once a media source is inserted, the SC5000 remembers any previously entered DJ preferences, ensuring the unit recalls every one of your performance preferences and settings. This includes any previously performed track cue points, loop regions, playback history, preparation folders, and of course any live, on-the-fly, track analysis.
Visual customization is highlighted by your choice of deck layer color for the SC5000 PRIME’s 8-inch jog-wheel LEDs, in addition to using your DJ brand logo or selected track artwork on the beautiful central display. On the SC5000 touchscreen, elegant pinch ‘n zoom in/out of the track waveforms brings you to the pinnacle of musical timeline visualization.
Audiophile Routing Beyond Expectation
Unique to Denon DJ media players is the ability to play and mix two tracks from a single unit. Each playback layer offers both line-level and digital outputs for unmatched audio connectivity. The digital outputs are 24-bit/96kHz for the very highest sound quality, and of course, the SC5000 PRIME plays all compressed and uncompressed audio file formats, including AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV. The Denon DJ SC5000 PRIME returns you to ‘The Original Artform,’ bringing back DJ passion and creativity alongside performance transparency.
7” HD Multi-Touch Display
Engage in a new visual performance workflow with the SC5000’s amazing, latency-free HD touchscreen. It’s easy to edit, create, and navigate crates and playlists and even move tracks around with onboard collection management. Organizing your music by various categories and getting instant search results using the on-screen, alphanumeric keyboard is fast and easy too. All your vital DJ performance info is viewable, such as BPM, musical key, loop-lengths and bar/beat counter, etc.
Plus with swipe-right or double-tap to load, dropping tracks into the mix is a familiar and fluid experience. The large, tri-colored (frequency split) waveform can be viewed zoomed in or out with a finger pinch-gesture and shows clearly that essential beat grid positioning throughout the track. Add this to the full-track waveform overview, for both layers (A & B), and utilize the needle-drop touch strip to jump to any position in your song.
Stream or Play Music from the Cloud
With built-in Wi-Fi and an Ethernet Link port for hardwired internet connections, the SC5000 connects you with your favorite music streaming service or personal cloud storage without being tethered to a computer. Log in to your streaming account directly on the unit for instant access to the world’s largest music collections. The SC5000 offers a vast array of streaming service options including Beatport LINK, Beatsource LINK, SoundCloud GO+, and TIDAL, so whatever the genre the SC5000 has you covered. If that’s not enough, connect your Dropbox account to access your personal music collection remotely from anywhere in the world.
Dual-Layer Decks, Two Players in One
Two players in one standalone unit! The SC5000 PRIME is armed with not one, but two actual deck layers, capable of beat grid locked synchronization. The SC5000 has dedicated audio outputs and a stacked waveform view for layers, offering some incredible options for creative and forward-thinking DJs – mix and match between acapella’s and instrumentals or mix an entire set all on one single SC5000 PRIME – the possibilities are endless!
Central Color Display
At the center of the SC5000’s highly-responsive and capacitive-touch 8-inch jog wheel is a high-definition, circular screen. Each time a track is loaded to the player that contains album or track artwork, it’s displayed on this stunningly beautiful central screen. In addition, you can lock in your custom DJ or club artwork, for the ultimate in artist branding customization. Of course, all other important DJ data such as deck status, playhead position, and loop lengths are displayed too.
8 Expressive Performance Pads
Take full standalone control of triggering hot cues, loops, rolls, and slicer with no laptop or third-party software in sight. The SC5000 PRIME’s eight, MPC style trigger pads give DJs full live performance expression to manipulate audio, create live remixes, beat-juggle and drop both straight-time and triplet rhythm cuts, all securely locked to the players quantize setting (or used without for even more time-signature performance experimentation). The SC5000’s multicore processor power even enables beat and hot-cue juggling on one layer, whilst a second background track plays on the other. New levels of expressive DJ performance await your fingers!
‘Engine Connect’ Enhanced Communication
When up to four SC5000 units are connected directly via LAN to Denon DJ’s X1800 or X1850 4-channel digital mixers, additional communication and performance enhancements come into play. ‘Currently playing’ track tempo data is transmitted, enabling the ‘Engine Connect’ protocol to give you bit-accurate control over tempo-based FX and the ability for uber-fast music transfer across the network too. In addition, via the networked SC5000 players, the X1800/50 mixers use the StagelinQ protocol to control video, lighting, and effects, working seamlessly with SoundSwitch, Resolume, and Timecode software.
On-Board Track Analysis
The SC5000 PRIME is the world’s first DJ Media Player capable of internal song analysis without the need for any computer pre-preparation. Simply load a track from a drive, or streaming service and the SC5000 will quickly and accurately analyze beat grids, musical key, BPM, track artwork, and all other metadata within seconds. You can instantly cue and play your track while this (once-only) analysis is happening in the background too – so there are no delays to getting in-the-mix.
- Analog Output: 2.0 Vrms (0 dBFS, 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 116 dB
- Distortion (THD+N): < 0.0015%
- Frequency Range: 22–22,000 Hz
- Digital Output:
- Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- 8.0” / 203 mm (diameter)
- Metal construction with display & touch-capacitive circuitry
- 7.0” / 178 mm (diagonal)
- 6.0” x 3.6” / 152 x 91 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touchinterface
- 2.2” / 56 mm (diameter)
- Full-color LED-backlit display
- (2) RCA output pairs
- (2) coaxial digital outputs
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) mini TS input (remote start)
- (3) USB Type-A ports (for USB drives) (Rear-panel ports supply 900mA for USB 3.0 devices, 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices. Frontpanelport supplies 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices only.)
- (1) USB Type-B port (for computer connection)
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (1) IEC power input
- Connection: IEC
- Input Voltage: 110–240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Consumption: 75W
- Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 320mm X 419mm X 135mm
- 12.6” x 16.5” x 5.3”
- 32.0 x 41.9 x 13.5 cm
- Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- Weight (without USB and power cable)
- 8.79 lbs.
- 4 kg
- Weight (without USB and power cable)
- Supported Media
- SD/SDHC card
- USB mass-storage devices (flash memory,external HDD enclosures)
- File Systems:
- FAT32 (recommended)
- File Formats:
- AIF/AIFF (44.1–192 kHz, 16–32-bit)
- ALAC (44.1 – 192 kHz, 16-32-bit)
- FLAC (44.1 – 192 kHz, 16-24-bit)
- MP3 (32–320 kbps, VBR)
- Ogg Vorbis
- WAV (44.1–192 kHz, 16–32-bit)