กีตาร์ไฟฟ้า Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas SD24 Caramelized Maple Fingerboard Three-Tone Sunburst
As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear his playing and experience his artistry. Charvel® worked meticulously with Govan on the development of his signature lineup to create superior guitars in distinctive Charvel form.
Harkening back to the late ’80s when Charvel guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, we proudly introduce the all-new Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas® SD24 CM. Exquisite in style, this MJ signature model blends Charvel’s unparalleled legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of Govan’s preferred top-end features.
This 25.5″ scale guitar features a San Dimas® basswood body with an ash top and specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on maple neck has a “caramelized” heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, along with graphite reinforcement, satin finish on the back of the neck and a conveniently located heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the 12″-16″ compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard features 24 jumbo stainless-steel frets, as well as crème dot inlays and Luminlay® side dots.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, along with a two-way mini toggle switch to engage single-coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions. This instrument also comes loaded with two Luminlay numbered dome control knobs for volume and tone, recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with pop-in tremolo arm and brass block, Gotoh® die-cast locking tuners and Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut.
The Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas® SD24 CM is available in a stately Three-Tone Sunburst finish, complete with chrome hardware, brown pickup bobbins and a licensed Fender® Stratocaster® headstock.
Fast-playing compound-radius fretboard
If complex, virtuoso-level shredding is your bag, you’ll appreciate the Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas SD24 CM. This solidbody electric guitar’s curvilinear San Dimas-style body is a wonderful slippery thing with a sculpted shredder’s cut heel, which makes accessing upper frets effortless. Its caramelized, graphite-reinforced maple neck offers rock-solid stability with a built-for-speed satin finish. Beyond that, the Guthrie Govan SD24 boasts an easy-playing compound-radius fingerboard with 24 jumbo stainless steel frets. With a 12-inch radius at the nut that flattens to 16 inches at the 12th fret, you’ve got the just-right feel you need to grab chords in lower positions, while the flatter upper registers enable blazing-fast fretwork.
Versatile HSH configuration of custom-wound pickups
Versatile doesn’t even begin to describe Guthrie Govan. He’s a true virtuoso’s virtuoso, with the ability to nimbly morph between jazz comping, blues-tinged slides, and full-blown metal shredding without so much as a pause. Boasting a versatile HSH configuration of custom-wound pickups, the Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas SD24 CM was built to keep up with Mr. Govan’s eclectic playing. This solidbody electric guitar includes a 5-way blade switch, which unlocks a bevy of sonic textures with coil-splitting for achieving classic Strat-style in-between tones. You also get a 2-way mini toggle to engage single-coil simulation in positions one and five (full-on bridge and neck humbucker positions, respectively).
Rock-solid locking tremolo
The Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas SD24 CM is primed for shameful whammy bar abuse, thanks to its locking tremolo. Designed to work in conjunction with this electric guitar’s Gotoh die-cast locking tuners and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut, this single-locking trem provides tuning stability that rivals double-locking designs. This tremolo includes a convenient pop-in arm and a sustain-enhancing brass block. The guitarists here at Sweetwater are blown away by this trem’s recessed design — it sits nice and flush with the Guthrie Govan SD24’s body to provide texture when you need it and a relatively low profile when you don’t.
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas SD24 CM Features:
- Curvilinear San Dimas-style body provides exceptional playing comfort
- Caramelized, graphite-reinforced maple neck offers rock-solid stability
- Sculpted shredder’s heel and satin finish enable unrestricted fretting
- Compound-radius fingerboard makes chords and soloing easy and comfortable
- Versatile custom-wound HSH pickup set was tailor-made for eclectic players
- 5-way blade switch unlocks a myriad of sonic textures with coil-splitting for classic in-between tones
- 2-way mini toggle engage single-coil simulation in positions 1 and 5
- Recessed locking tremolo texturizes without detuning
- Heel-mounted spoke wheel facilitates speedy truss rod adjustments
- Super-stable Gotoh die-cast locking tuners and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut
- Eye-grabbing crème dot fingerboard inlays, Luminlay side dots, and Luminlay numbered dome knobs
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeGuthrie Govan San Dimas
- Body MaterialBasswood
- Top MaterialAsh
- Body FinishSatin
- Color3-tone Sunburst
- Neck MaterialCaramelized Maple
- Neck ShapeSpeed Neck
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Radius12″-16″ compound
- Fingerboard MaterialCaramelized Maple
- Fingerboard InlayCreme Dots
- Number of Frets24, Jumbo
- Scale Length25.5″
- Nut Width1.6875″
- Nut MaterialGraph Tech TUSQ XL
- Bridge/TailpieceRecessed Charvel Locking Tremolo
- TunersGotoh Locking
- Neck PickupCharvel Custom Humbucker
- Middle PickupCharvel Custom Single-coil
- Bridge PickupCharvel Custom Humbucker
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching2-way mini-toggle (humbucker mode), 5-way blade pickup switch
- StringsNickel Plated Steel, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagHardshell Case