Arturia KeyStep 37
The controller that’s built to inspire
Overcome creative hurdles. Smash artistic barriers. Discover new musical horizons. A powerful tool that seamlessly controls your hardware and software instruments simultaneously. An exploratory device that encourages spontaneous creativity with its musical features. Surrender to the musical journey – where will KeyStep 37 take you?
Music made interactive
KeyStep 37’s unique & enhanced Chord mode takes your single note melodies and unfinished ideas and transforms them into musical stepping stones. Choose from multiple voicings, instrument-like strum effects, and velocity settings and make your music really sing.
Map out KeyStep 37’s 3-octave keyboard range with a scale of your choice using Scale mode. Any key you play will automatically quantize to the nearest note in the chosen scale – never play a wrong note again.
Tap into the inner workings of your MIDI hardware and software with assignable 16 MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks. Use the 4 new controls to tweak settings on the fly for dynamic performances.
The core of your setup
KeyStep 37 is designed to be put in control. An accessible interface, a compact design and comprehensive connectivity make it the perfect centerpiece for your rig – whatever your needs.
Hook up your synth hardware with MIDI in/out. Control your favorite VST instruments with MIDI over USB. Use CV pitch, gate and mod connections for modular integration. Analog sync in/out keeps everything in time without hassle. The best bit? Use it all at the same time.
ABLETON LIVE LITE INCLUDED
An introduction to one of the most intuitive, popular production platforms around
Included is a free copy of Ableton Live Lite, an accessible music-making suite for your Mac or PC. Register KeyStep 37 for your free download and get creative right out the box – let the music flow freely.
A melodic breakbeat track making extensive use of the chord, and arpeggiator features to control sounds from Pigments and OBXa-V.
A techno track exploring the combinations of the arpeggiator, the sequencer, and the strum/type settings of the chord, with sounds coming from the ARP 2600 V3.
Less Than One
Space ambient track layering chords, an odd-length sequence, and a strummed lead.
KeyStep range comparison
Whether you’re looking for ease of use, creativity or absolute control, the KeyStep range delivers. Explore the features of the different models and find the right one for your needs.
|KEYSTEP||KEYSTEP 37||KEYSTEP Pro|
|Number of keys||32||37||37|
|Keybed LED feedback||No||Yes||Yes|
|Built-in sequencer tracks||1||1||4|
|Sequencer pattern slots per tracks||8||8||16|
|Sequencer playing modes||1||1||3|
|Arpeggiator Octave range||5 +/- 3 octaves||5 +/- 3 octaves||5|
|Chord Strum/Velocity feature||No||Yes||No|
|MIDI CC control||No||Yes||Yes|
|MIDI CC automation||No||No||4|
|MIDI I/O||1 In
|MIDI over USB||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Drum gate outputs||8|
|Clock Sync I/O||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sustain pedal input||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- KeyStep 37 unit
- Anti-ground loop adapter
- USB cable
Size & weight
- Instrument size : 21.7 x 5.78 x 1.38 inches (550 x 147 x 35mm)
- Instrument weight : 3.5 lbs. (1.6 Kg)
- Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- RGB LEDs on each key for instant feedback on your sequence, arp, scale
- Arpeggiator mode: Up, Down, Inclusive, Exclusive, Random, Walk, Pattern and Order
- Sequencer mode: 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo: REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Advanced Chord mode with pre-defined or user Chords and strumming capability
- SHIFT button selection : MIDI Channel selection, Gate length, Swing, Sequence Edit, Scale quantization, CC Bank selection
- DC power jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI and MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports
- Sync source switch : Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/Gate outputs with configurable pitch, gate and Modulation formats.
- Capacitive pitch bend and mod wheel strips
- Each sequence can have 64 steps with 8 notes of polyphony