Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core
THUNDERBOLT AND USB AUDIO INTERFACE WITH FPGA + DSP FX PROCESSING, Onboard DSP & FGPA Processing, 8 x Console-Grade Class A Preamps, 36 Included Real-Time Audio FX
ออดิโออินเตอร์เฟส 8 Channel ใช้การเชื่อมต่อได้ทั้งแบบ THUNDERBOLT และแบบ USB มาพร้อมกับ Onboard DSP และ FPGA ช่วยให้ CPU คอมพิวเตอร์ของคุณไม่ต้องทำงานหนักในขณะที่ทำงานด้านเสียงต่างๆ และมี FPGA-powered effects มาให้ถึง 36 อัน นอกจากนี้ยังมีปรีแอมป์แบบ Class-A มาให้ 8 ช่อง ซึ่งให้เสียงระดับ Console-Grade และมี Phantom Power +48 V ในส่วนของค่าความละเอียดในการบันทึกจะอยู่ที่ 24-Bit/192kHz
Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core Overview
The Discrete 8 Synergy Core from Antelope is an audio interface with onboard DSP and FPGA to free up valuable CPU from your computer during mix sessions. It also includes a vast swath of FPGA-powered effects, many of which can be used with Antelope modeling microphones, giving you the sound of multiple vintage microphones at a fraction of the cost of real-world hardware.
The Discrete 8 offers eight Class-A preamps that provide console-grade sound. All of them utilize combination XLR-1/4″ connections, but two of them are specifically designed to switch between mic level, line level, and Hi-Z sources. Monitor outputs and two pairs of line outputs can be found on the back of the unit, as can thunderbolt and USB ports for connecting to computers. You’ll get 24 channels of I/O over USB, and 32 channels over thunderbolt. Should you want use of your amplifiers after DI’ing your guitars or basses, you can make use of the two ReAmp outputs.
S/PDIF and ADAT are both provided over optical I/O. The unit is expandable over ADAT, giving you extra channels. This is Antelope, so you’ll find their top-notch 64-bit acoustically focused clocking on the unit, and you can sync the Discrete 8 over BNC connections, or distribute clocking to other units. Setting up monitor mixes is easy, and musicians can control their own mixes with a remote-control app over iOS or Android phones.
With all these features and more, the Antelope makes a suitable centerpiece for your home or pro-level studio.
All FPGA Effects Included
The Antelope AFX platform is a rapidly expanding hardware modeling engine. Discrete 8 includes Accusonic 3D microphone and preamp models, guitar amps, transformer and tube FX, and a huge selection of classic vintage gear. The Antelope Audio real-time FPGA platform is now extended to a complete professional studio experience, with authentic models of iconic gear from BAE, Lang, Gyraf Audio, and many more. Use them within the Discrete 8 EasyPanel, or in your preferred DAW via the AFX2DAW Plugin (available only on MAC). Perform and record either with FX, or process in post.
Onboard ReAmp Output Section
The Discrete 8’s two ReAmp outputs allow you to use any outboard gear and route the resulting sound back in your DAW of choice.
The Discrete 8 Synergy Core’s Accusonic 3D modeling engine lets you transform the—separately available—Antelope Audio Edge and Verge modeling microphones into expensive-sounding vintage replicas. Change polar patterns during or after recording. Choose from a collection of classic and rare microphones as you monitor and record live, bringing out the musician’s finest performance.
Multiple Mix Presets for Expert-Level Monitoring
Monitoring and Talkback sections in Discrete 8 are easy to set. Up to 4 individual monitoring mixes can be sent to Headphones or Monitor Outputs with or without FPGA FX. Custom headphone mixes can be tailored for each performer. Vintage EQ, Compression, and guitar amps allow the artists to hear a sound as close to the final product as possible. Discrete 8 can save and load AFX presets and exchange settings with the entire Antelope line of FPGA-equipped pro-audio interfaces. Share your own FX settings with other Antelope users.
The Discrete 8 downloadable remote App allows you to adjust all microphone input levels, Talkback levels, as well as Monitoring and Headphone volumes. Musicians can now control their own headphone volume through their Android or iOS phones. The engineer can check input levels from the tracking room. The device can be accessed from different computers connected to the same network.
Multiple Avenues of Connectivity
With an abundance of analog and digital connectivity, as well as both USB and Thunderbolt ports for computer connection, the Discrete 8 Synergy Core presents many options for routing signals. Eight microphone inputs, eight line outputs over a DB25 connection, a pair of monitor outputs, two headphone outputs, S/PDIF, and ReAmp Outputs are at your disposal. Digital expandability is possible via ADAT chaining. Furthermore, three Word Clock outputs let you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio. You can also slave the unit to other clocks thanks to the wordclock BNC input.
- Mic, Instrument & Line Inputs
- Onboard DSP & FGPA Processing
- Console-Grade Preamps & JFET DI
- Vast Array of FPGA FX
- 32-Channel Thunderbolt / 24-Channel USB
- S/PDIF I/O & ADAT Expansion
- 64-Bit Acoustically Focused Clocking I/O
- 2 x Monitor Outputs, 2 ReAmp Outputs
- 2 x Stereo Headphone Outputs
- DB25 Line Output
Analog & Digital Connectivity
- 8 x 14 Rackmount audio interface with Thunderbolt & USB connection for Mac/Windows;
- Eight Discrete console-grade 6-transistor preamps on combo XLR jacks for professional recordings. All work as microphone/line inputs, and two of them are Hi-Z compatible;
- Eight DC-coupled analog output channels over a D-Sub 25 connector;
- Two reamp outputs on TRS ¼ jacks for further amp processing of guitar signal
- Thunderbolt 2 (up to 32 channels) and USB 2.0 (up to 24 channels) ports for native DAW application with custom macOS & Windows drivers;
- Digitally expandable over ADAT (up to 16 channels) and SPDIF (up to 2 channels);
- Three word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio and a word clock input allowing you to sync the Discrete 8 Synergy Core with other gear.
- Footswitch input that can be used as a single footswitch (on 1/4” TS jack) to control the dim function and a dual footswitch to control both the talkback and dim functions;
- Two headphone outputs;
- A pair of monitor outputs;
Clocking & Conversion
- Proprietary 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking technology for increased width, separation, and detail in musical performances;
- Proprietary Jitter Management algorithm delivering truthful and expanded soundstage;
- Ultra-accurate A/D and D/A conversion ensuring lush, bold, & expansive recordings and reproduction of your instruments and vocals.
- Onboard Real-Time Effects
- Collection of 36 analog-modeled effects featuring classic as well as rare compressors, EQs, mic preamps, and guitar amps and cabs;
- 2×DSP, 1×FPGA Synergy Core proprietary onboard real-time platform for effects processing with imperceptible latency;
- Up to 64 effects instances per session loaded simultaneously on 8 individual virtual racks.
- Simplified routing – switch audio sources per channel based on a drop-down menu sequence;
- Easily adjust the monitor mixes for the monitor output and separate headphone mix that can be split into individual cue mixes and sub-mixes while applying pan, reverb, other effects and stereo link;
- Customizable presets complete with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer settings and sub-mixes;
- Direct hardware monitoring with effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency;
- Easily accessible front-panel talkback with built-in microphone;
- Front panel with independent headphone and monitor volume knobs and buttons for frequency adjustment, and hands-on control of core parameters. Hardware relay-based gain knobs for each preamp, plus mode control (mic/line/Hi-Z) via push sequence;
- Option to work without being connected to a computer (standalone operation);
- Wireless control of software features from a separate computer connected to the same network.
- Discrete 8 Synergy Core
- Warranty Card
- Power cable
- USB cable
Discrete 8 Synergy Core User Manual.pdf