Advanced 49-Key USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller
Manipulate plugins and virtual instruments with hands-on controls. With VI49, you can open and close filters on virtual synthesizers, adjust volume levels in your mix, activate effects, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
For a Limited time join over 100,000 musicians building their skills with Melodics. Melodics is a desktop app that teaches you to play and perform with MIDI keyboards, pad controllers, and drums. Whether your just starting out or a seasoned pro looking to learn advanced techniques Melodics grows with you. It’s free to download upon registration of your controller, and comes with over 60 free lessons (Including Five Exclusive to Alesis) to get you started!
The Building Blocks of Professional Music Production
The Alesis VI49 is an advanced USB/MIDI keyboard MIDI controller that lets you take command of your music software with a series of pads, knobs, and buttons. With 49 velocity-sensitive semi-weighted keys with aftertouch and Octave Up/Down buttons, you can expand the keyboard to the full melodic range and play bass lines, chords, and melodies. VI25 also features 12 assignable knobs and 36 assignable buttons for manipulating effect plugins and virtual instruments: open and close filters, adjust volume levels, activate effects, tweak parameters, and more. 16 velocity-sensitive RGB trigger pads allow you to launch clips or finger drum with exceptional response and colorful visual feedback. Plus, pitch and modulation wheels expand the expressive capabilities of your performing.
VI49 was designed to seamlessly and effortlessly integrate with your music software. A single USB connection to your Mac or PC provides both power and MIDI functionality, allowing you to plug right into your computer and start making music. With the 5-pin MIDI Out, you can also use VI49 to control external MIDI modules, synthesizers, and more. A LED screen and illuminated knobs, buttons, and pads provide real-time visual feedback and are laid out for an intuitive workflow. Plus, VI49’s compact design makes it easy to take this advanced MIDI controller on the road or implement it into any sized studio.
Ableton Live & XPAND!2
VI49 is bundled with Ableton Live Lite and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech, two dynamic pieces of software that enable you to record, produce, and perform with your computer. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables you to spontaneously record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas on the fly. Xpand!2 is an advanced virtual instrument that comes with a collection of premium sounds, ranging from acoustic instruments to futuristic synthesizers. Together, these powerful music platforms allow you to create or perform music with VI49 right out of the box.
- 49 full-sized, square-front, semi-weighted keys with aftertouch
- 16 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with illuminated RGB feedback for beat production and clip launching
- 36 assignable buttons and 12 assignable knobs interface with your music software
- Pitch and modulation wheels deliver expressive, creative control
- Seamless visual feedback via LED screen and illuminated buttons and knobs
- USB MIDI and 5-pin MIDI Out offer flexible MIDI connectivity
- USB-powered and plug-and-play support for Mac and PC
- Production software included: Ableton Live Lite and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
- VI49 MIDI Keyboard Controller
- USB Cable
- Ableton Live Lite (Download)
- Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (Download)
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- Mac: OS X 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9 (Software Requirements: OS X 10.8 or 10.9)
- PC: Windows 7 or Windows 8; Multicore Processor; 2GB RAM
- Available USB Port