The new Yamaha Montage M series is due to be launched very soon. Our information is that the official launch will be on Monday 9th October.
In the meantime, we have the full specifications and price of these new keyboards, which you can see below.
It should be noted that this is not all there is. We think something else will be announced at the same time, but for now, we will leave that one for Yamaha to tell you about.
Yamaha Montage M:
- The 5.67 GB of preset waveform memory on the original MONTAGE has been increased to 9.97 GB. The 1.75 Gb of internal user memory has been increased to 3.8 Gb. This massive memory allows for deeply detailed samples creating impressive new sounds!
- The MONTAGE M is the next generation with THREE sound engines included. The AWM2 engine has been refined even further to provide high-definition emulative sounds like piano, strings, and drums.
- The AWM2 and FM-X are now complimented with a NEW AN-X sound engine that re-creates the sound and behaviour of an analog synthesizer. This engine provides the warm, classic sound and behaviour of an analog synthesizer.
- The polyphony of these three engines has been increased to 400 notes (128 AWM2 preset, 128 AWM2 user, 128 FM-X, and 16 AN-X)!
- The MONTAGE M is rounded out with an upgraded pure analog circuit that reduces noise and improves the dynamic range, crosstalk, low-frequency phase, and distortion rate, resulting in clearer sound at all volumes. The sound has more detailed low-mids and presence than the previous circuit.
- The MONTAGE M8X (88-key model) features a NEW GEX action with Polyphonic Aftertouch. The GEX action provides enhanced key repetition behaviour that is typically found on grand pianos.
- The MONTAGE M8X action is elevated with the use of Polyphonic Aftertouch, which was a control feature that was offered in the legendary Yamaha CS-80 and DX-1 synthesizers. It allows players to individually modulate held notes with additional pressure.
- The MONTAGE M adds new performance controls with a five-segment ribbon controller, a new keyboard HOLD button for sustaining chords while using knobs to edit, and a Portamento on/off button and dedicated time knob. These features all make the MONTAGE M even better when performing live.
All Model Features:
- AWM2, FM-X, and AN-X sound engines
- 128-element AWM2 architecture for higher-definition sound
- Pure Analog Circuit 2 for clear harmonic reproduction and even frequency response
- 7” TFT Full-color wide VGA LCD touch display screen with streamlined workflow
- 512 x 64 pixel LCD quick edit display screen
- The super knob (or assigned expression pedal) allows the control of eight real-time parameters with one motion
- 9.97 GB of internal waveform memory
- 400-note total polyphony with 128 notes for AWM2 presets, 128 notes for AWM2 user memory, 128 notes for FM-X, and 16 notes for AN-X
- 3.8 GB of internal flash memory for custom samples or synth library downloads
- Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) recreates the sound and behaviour of vintage effects and signal processors
- Send 32 channels and receive 6 channels of audio and send 16 channels of MIDI through a single USB cable
- “Live Set” allows for easy organization and access of the most used performance voices
- “Seamless Sound Switching” allows changing performances instantly without any cut-off in envelopes and effects
- Modeless operation ensures all modifications to performance voices can be made quickly and easily
- 8 faders and rotary encoders allow deep real-time control editing
- Integrated 16-track sequencer and performance recorder
- Full metal chassis with IEC power supply
- 76 full-sized touch-sensitive synth-action keys
- Non-leaded Fast Spring (FSX) key action for a lightweight feel with the exacting amount of resistance
- Channel aftertouch allows control over held notes